Saturday

Onyx (Lux Series #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

TITLE: Onyx
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout
RATING: 5 Stars
PAGES: 366
PUBLISHER: Entangled Teen
SERIES: Lux Series #2
SOURCE: Purchased via Amazon
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
(synopsis taken from Goodreads)


There is a reason JLA is my favorite author. She has brought her A game to the second addition of the Lux series! Daemon Black is back and my goodness I have missed him! Daemon and Katy now have a weird alien connection thanks to Daemon's "alien mojo". Strange things begin happening to our heroine Katy, un-explainable things. Meanwhile they discover they may have a larger threat then just the Arum looming above their heads.

"Daemon was a total babe, but he was stab-worthy, which, at times, zeroed out the babe part."

Not only has JLA brought her A game in writing this book but boy oh boy is Daemon bringing it! Seriously he is the epitome of book boyfriends. We finally get to see another side to him that was hinted at in the first book Obsidian, a sweet side. And I totally fell even more in love with him. The same witty banter I loved in Obsidian makes an appearance again here in Onyx and I have grown to adore it more and more. JLA stays really true to her character's personalities while allowing them to grow at the same time which is an incredible feat!

“Resistance is futile, Kitten.” “So is your charm.”

Ugh. Swoon! I was always a huge fan of Katy as well. She's an incredibly likeable character and someone who is so easy to relate to (especially for us book worms). But in Onyx we get an entirely new side of her as well and it is amazing! I'm am all for kick-butt females who are equal to their counter parts and JLA has delivered that to us in the form of Katy. I warn you though, be prepared to binge read the entire series especially after reading Onyx because...dat cliffhanger though!

"Oh, holy alien babies everywhere…"





No comments:

Post a Comment